Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'll Probaby Regret This in the Morning

I will, really. After all, it's a quarter to one (how did that happen? Last time I checked the clock, it was only seventeen after...). I have a nine AM Mandarin Chinese class tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure I don't even speak English until at least ten.

It's been a busy-ish weekend, I suppose. Friday afternoon I left for a retreat with other members of the student committee for the Festival of Faith and Writing. We spent the evening at a lodge in Muskegon. There was even a beach, though the water was a bit chilly for my bare toes. And for once, I was, a successful beachcomber. My new friend Mary and I stumbled upon a pair of brass rabbits. Yes. Brass rabbit figurines. Do with that what you will. We named them River and Simon, because one looked like he was protecting the other. River now lives on my desk. I'll post pictures of her soon, I hope.

I know it's silly, but it makes me happy.

The sunset on the beach was glorious, and it was followed by dinner and Festival Jeopardy. My team, Dumbledore's Army, wasn't particularly successful, but we had a lot of fun guessing. The beds were surprisingly comfortable, and after a pleasant morning we were on our way back to Calvin.

Saturday night we went down to ArtPrize. Some of the pieces were interactive. Being college students with nothing better to do, we interacted.



It's like a flip book! With shadows!




Fun with forced perspective!
After church, I spent the afternoon with my grandparents. We went to the store and to dinner, and I told them all about what's been happening in my life. And my grandmother brought three cakes. It may be her not-so-subtle way of bringing boys to my apartment. Or she had a desperate urge to bake. I don't know. I don't argue with cake. Delicious, delicious homemade cake.

It is now officially past one, and I'm not so in love with coffee as to want to be drinking it all day tomorrow. So, goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. You remind me of a hobbit in the picture of us together in the chair.

    ReplyDelete