Saturday, September 10, 2011

In Return

It has been quite the week. I am back at school, fully moved in and fully scheduled. The reunions have been fun; having my second family around me is, of course, wonderful. Considering this, I've been extraordinarily social between class, work, gym, and my internship.

Today has been particularly fun. This morning was Mud Bowl, where the apartments gather in recreational combat in a giant mud pit. Our team was the Spartans, and we tailored our cheers and self-decorations appropriately.

Before. Only a Spartan smiles before battle.

After. Even after taking a beating, we're still ready to fight.
Three hours later, after a hose-down and a shower, I am still digging mud out of my ears. Some individuals, you see, found it hilariously to pick me up and drop me in the mud. It doesn't taste particularly good, though my newly-exfoliated skin feels wonderful. Who needs a spa when you have free stuff just lying around and an excuse to play in it?

Tonight will be the exact opposite experience. From a muddy, barbarous Spartan, we're transforming into young women of the 21st century for a girl's night out. High heels, makeup, and dresses await, a far cry from the spectacle we were this morning. I, for one, am/was equally excited for both. I'm not sure what that says about my character, but at least I'm having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment