Friday, October 14, 2011

Down from the Door

The past few weeks have been busy. I thought I was getting the hang of my new schedule, which then proceeded to kick me in the pants and take my lunch money. My stubborn compulsion to not go to bed when I should doesn't help. Self-discipline isn't exactly the most prominent facet of my personality. But I digress.

So it's been a while. However, I've managed to make somewhat good use of my time. You know, work, internship, school, homework, studying, Lord of the Rings marathon...the usual. This yearly tradition of an Extended Edition Extravaganza was compressed into a single weekend and enhanced by the excellent bass system of some accommodating neighbors. We received the first volume decrease request of the semester from our long-sufferring RA. It's a wonderful tradition.

I have also managed to take time to write some letters to my Swedish correspondent, work out on a regular basis, and bake a cake for my roommate's 21st. It was a beautiful cake, though Hallie and I may have an unhealthy fondness for frosting. She says she won the frosting eating contest, but I'm not so sure.

There's really nothing particularly exciting going on in my life right now, and I'm really enjoying my hobbit side. No adventures, just the excitement of living the day-to-day. There are no plans for the weekend, just sleeping, homework, church, and many, many naps. I haven't had a truly lazy weekend in a while, and I'm really looking forward to having one. I need a holiday, a very long holiday. I mean to take a deep breath and enjoy the little things. I intend to experience a cup of tea, a good book, and not wearing shoes. Hey, it's starting to get cold again, so I might even go a little crazy and break out the fuzzy socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment