Saturday, October 15, 2011

A New Series

I've been thinking about beefing up the content on this blog. The inanity is starting to overwhelm the insanity now that I'm no longer gallivanting all about the Continent. I also want to try my hand at other writing styles; as much as I love my fantasy child that is my all-consuming project, I need to pull myself out  of that headspace every once in a while.

The genre of creative non-fiction was tossed around me during the Writer's Retreat last year; I wrote about my overwhelming childhood fear of velociraptors. It was humorous, I suppose, with a tinge of the self-deprecation that colors my self-dialogue. It was new and different, and I want to experiment with the genre again.

So, I'm proposing a new mini-series. My life can be condensed into a series of unconscious facial expressions; bewilderment, confusion, disdain, disbelief, etc. etc. I'm going to play with the creative non-fiction using the basis of the different facial expressions I perceive when I'm introduced to other people. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment