Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Peaches and Cream Complexion

...now looks like a strawberry shortcake complexion. For the first time in a while, my legs have burned. The Sun found the weaknesses in my spray-on sunscreen, leaving me with racing stripes down the sides of my legs. I look like a walking track suit. It's like Mother Nature got tired of my usual paint job, and tried to make me a little more interesting. With spray paint. C'est la guerre.

Sunburn not withstanding, I enjoyed dinner on the beach at sunset. Whilst we ate wings and sushi, families in the perquisite white and khaki took their family portraits. Kids moaned. Wind mussed hair. Smiles grew tired. The whole experience was fascinating to observe, like an anthropological study of middle America, desperate to preserve their family in a choreographed picture. I, for one, would prefer more color. Khaki is too close to beige to make me entirely comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment