Monday, January 24, 2011

Turtle and Soup, but not Turtle Soup

I have a new favorite drink at the college coffee shop. It's called a Turtle, a hazelnut and caramel mocha. The flavor is stunning, yes, but the real fun? Asking for a "small Turtle." The small things make me smile. I bought one for myself today, having moved too slowly (or turtle-like...hee hee) this morning to make myself a cup of coffee in the comfort of my own kitchen. It was worth the few dollars. It was also Souper Monday for the English Department. I had my usual red pepper/tomato soup, and it was delicious. It was a nice morning/early afternoon, if I do say so myself.
But tomorrow, tomorrow the mini-era of Interim ends. I have the final exam tomorrow for my Grammar class, and then the brief Interim break begins. The break is the deep breath before the plunge, as Gandalf would say. I'm tired- for reasons not apparent to myself. I'm not ready for the return of 16 credits and work and homework and papers and tests and whatnot. No fun.
So this blog is going to be short today, because it's time for me to study a bit for Grammar, and maybe take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment