Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Inanity and the Insanity: The First Post

I've been toying with the idea of a blog for a while now. After all, I am an amateur writer, and this is the age of internet. I am the queen of the inane observations that, finely blended together by a metaphorical food processor, creates the average blog. (My food processor can only be metaphorical, because I don't actually own one. The most high tech kitchen appliance I own is a cheap rice cooker. But hey, I dream big of food processors and Kitchen Aid mixers.) And I read blogs, mostly those written by my friends. It doesn't seem that complicated.
Which would be nice. Complications and complexities make life interesting, but sometimes interesting isn't always good. Which is where the inanity comes in. My life could use a little more inanity. I grew up on the move as a Navy brat, and my mind has followed suit, never settling down. It doesn't stop moving, even when I sleep- for instance, last night I had the strangest dream of escaping men in suits, which somehow involved sharks. And today in Grammar, I spent most of the time painstakingly constructing a single scene for my novel (of course, not the scene I really need to finish, but c'est la guerre).
So that's the inanity and the insanity- where I want to be, and who I am now. I know, it sounds crazy. Who wants to be inane? I don't, not completely. But I do want to be less insane. I want to finish my novel and get this particular story out of my head so I can start another. I want to finish my umpteen pages long reading list, or at least the book I'm in the middle of now. (Crime and Punishment, if you wanted to know.) I want to work out more and fit into a smaller pair of jeans sooner rather than later. I want to be less sarcastic, less judgmental, of others and yes, of myself. I want to be more optimistic, and definitely worry less. In short, I want to shave away the unnecessary insanity in my life so I can have a blast with the fun insanity that's left.
That's me, a person in progress, looking for a life balanced between the inanity and the insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment