Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Fine Day in Pajamas

I should've seen it coming. The slightest bit of heat made my head pound, and my throat was scratchy. Yes, I am sick- sinuses or cold or something of the like. But when you're me, that quickly morphs into a migraine. So I missed my afternoon classes yesterday, trying to sleep it off before I plied it with doses of caffeine. Another fine day in pajamas.

Thankfully, I feel better, despite a distinct lack of sleep. Coffee does wonders. I've gotten more done towards applying for my summer programs- lots of signatures to get before March 1. And I still haven't heard about the job interview. It's hard to stay focused on how I've progressed when so much depends on others. I hate it. I'm ALMOST done, and I've been quick about it. Sending emails right away. Filling out forms as soon as I get them. Asking questions as soon I have them. But that's because this is very important to me- but what about the provost, or the registrar? They don't care as much. (I'm lucky to be a student at a small school, where they actually care at all.) And I have yet another form (A PRE-application. I mean, really? Really?) for several people to sign. So this makes me upset, because I can't hold them accountable. But I have to trust that they can do it, that I can get this done in a timely fashion.

I have class now, before another round of attacking the paperwork. I need prayers. I need trust. I need hugs. But most of all...most of all I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment