Friday, August 12, 2011

A Week of Firsts

"You've had a lot of firsts this week, haven't you?" Sanna commented. This astute observation came after I said, for the umpteenth time, "I've never done [insert activity here] before!" And it's true. I've done a lot of things most people my age haven't. But there are a lot of things that I haven't done. So...my week of firsts in Sweden:

I went to Sweden.


I ate wild strawberries, rasberries, and blueberries.

I love rasberries.
And tried cloudberry and lingonberry jam.

Photo courtesy of Sanna. Cloudberry jam courtesy of her grandmother.
 I played darts.


I shopped in loppis (Swedish secondhand stores).


I went to a Swedish sing-a-long. I'm sure my pronunciation was horrific, but I gave it my best.


I helped rescue a bird.


And...I went fishing! I didn't catch anything, but it was still fishing, I think. I wouldn't know any better.



1 comment: