Friday, August 12, 2011

Seeing my Swedie

I arrived in Umea late in the evening, tired after three (surprisingly stress-free) flights hopping from Rome to Paris to Stockholm to Umea. But I was immediately cheered to see a set of distinctive red bangs hovering at the top of the crowd, waiting for me. Sanna drove me from the airport to her family's apartment on the outskirts of the city. It was a very exciting experience, though that may have been the haze of exhaustion.

For my first day in Sweden, Sanna and I wandered around Umea, shopping and catching up. Not even a surprise rain shower could dampen our spirits, as we took shelter in a cafe for hot chocolate. When we returned to her apartment, I was introduced to my new favorite anime, Fairy Tail.

What otaku we are.
The next day, we walked down by the river and got snacks, enjoying the return of the sunshine.


We didn't stay out long, as my migraine attacks returned with the sunshine. Sanna was a particularly good nurse, putting me to bed right away and making me tea when I got up. She distracted me with Fairy Tail until my headache finally dissipated and made me pancakes when I felt well enough.

The next day, we prepared to go to the summer cottage. We were delayed, however, by an unexpected guest Sanna picked up in a local puddle. He called shotgun, tried to drive the car, made us pull over for snacks, and didn't even say "thank you" as he took his leave. Of course, we still don't know his name. Or whether he was a he or a she.


行きましょう!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. Oh, you make me laugh. May I borrow the bit about the bird? It was too funny. Credit will, of course, be given.

    ReplyDelete