Friday, July 29, 2011

A Retrospective Perspective

Today is my last day in Perugia. It's not over yet: I still have to finish packing, clean, and I have dinner with some friends later tonight. But today has been a day of goodbyes. To friends, to class, and to the places I've come to cherish over the past month.

It's difficult, especially since this month has passed so quickly. I feel like I arrived in Perugia last week, and that there is so much more for me to do. I want another month, or at least another week. But I leave early tomorrow morning, and I'm trying not to think about it.

To use my last day to its fullest, I wandered around Perugia with Helen for a few hours. We went to the Etruscan Well, the remnants of the old fortress, the panoramic view of the city, and to lunch. Later, before dinner, we'll visit one of Perugia's churches. And I'll probably be up late, mopping and sweeping and dusting and throwing things away.

But I'm not ready to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment