Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Everyday, Every Day

Sometimes I forget that my life is strange. No matter where I go, once I fall into a certain routine, the unusual becomes my usual, and I forget to appreciate the little moments. So this is my dedication to those moments.

Over the past week, I've continued attending classes. I have "la lingua italiana" for 3 hours four times a week, "pronuncia e grafia" for 2 hours once a week, and "Gruppo A" for 2 hours three times a week. So far, cappuccinos and my experience with French have been keeping me afloat. With, I have to admit, more than a little help from my Italian-English dictionary.

"Essenziale" is no joke.
When I'm not in class, there's the stuff that makes life go: laundry, dishes, napping, general physical upkeep, etc. etc.

Make-your-own fruit at the bottom yogurt tastes great.
I also explore Perugia. Thus far, I've found 4 grocery stores, an amazing organic restaurant, a place to put money on my phone, a newsstand with English magazines, plenty of ATM's, and where to find a towel (not as easy as it sounds, believe me). And with the Umbria Jazz Festival ongoing, entertainment is never far away.

A small parade begins.
"Bacio" means "kiss," and it's Perugia's tastiest export.
And, really, how could I ever get bored in an ancient Italian city that hosts a chocolate festival?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. :) So you're saying that Hershey's didn't come up with the original Kiss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since I don't have dates, I can't say that...but the Bacio is like the Hershey's Kiss' classier distant relative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First York, now Perugia . . . are you sure you're not just following the chocolate?

    Also, whenever people say "(Noun) is not a joke," I want to be clever enough to immediately think of a good joke involving (noun). I feel like knowing any amount of Italian would have made that a lot easier, but probably not actually successful.

    ReplyDelete