Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Beginning of the End, and Other Unintentional Morose Stuff

It is, I intone in my mind, the beginning of the end. It sounds very gloomy-- appropriately, it reminds me of the only Smashing Pumpkins song I own (The Beginning is the End is the Beginning). It also fits the...well, fits of melancholy I've been subject to over the past few days.

But there is so much to do. I've already begun packing; my books, knick-knacks, and winter clothes have been tucked away in my various plastic Super-bins. I've emptied some of my drawers into my long-neglected (for once) suitcases. I've shoved a miniature mountain of paperwork into our hapless recycle container.

And there are exams to study for!!! Haha...no. I have started a study guide for Statistics, but then I got distracted. Not only did I do some packing, I've also ensured that all of my iTunes albums have the correct album art, made lunch, did some work, and am now writing this entry. And I'm still nursing the cup of coffee I made at 9:30 this morning. Gross.

I have to return to studying. But, because I need a bit of color and sunshine to warm this entry up, I will leave you with some tulips:

2 comments:

  1. Fun fact: Smashing Pumpkins has another song called "The End is the Beginning is the End"

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, i got melancholic too this week! darn those goodbyes.

    ReplyDelete