Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fractures and Hard Drives

I have returned safely to Calvin and to the daily grind of being a boring co-ed. Lots of time has passed since my last post, and I'm sure you're thinking: If she's so boring/bored, how can she not have found the time to write a measly blog post?

Mitigating circumstances, my friend. That's what. Because, over a week and a half ago, I found myself staring at a softball. It was coming closer and closer and all I could think was: "Oh shit." My friend took me to a walk-in clinic, and the x-rays confirmed that I had, indeed, broken my nose. And I'm sure you're wondering: How can this simple procedure of rectifying a broken nose have taken a week and a half to resolve?

Having been told to wait until the swelling had gone down before having it fixed, I was forced to wait. I was also forced to fight the bureaucratic system known as military insurance. There were tears, appointments, phone calls, and much begging for rides. But finally, on Thursday of this week, I went into surgery.


Nose broken before surgery...


...and now repaired, held together with spring's hottest new accessory.

So, between that and homework, quizzes, midterms, papers, friends, gym, fun, etc... I found little time for a post. But here it is. And on Thursday, I'll have the splint taken off, and we'll see how it looks. Until then, I try to remain not cross-eyed.

It is also unseasonably warm today. Everyone is in skirts and shorts and T-shirts and tanks-- I haven't seen this much skin since August! It was so nice, in fact, that after church I went for a walk in the nature preserve with a future roomie. I also had a dance party with present roomie Heather and continued my descent into obsession with 24. Kiefer Sutherland will soon be on our Man Wall, hopefully alongside President David Palmer. 

With no motivation to do any more Statistics homework, I will now go work on my opus magnum, my sword-and-sorcery masterpiece. Whatever will my characters do next?

-Momo

1 comment: